Chicago Ideas Week – Events to attend for scientists and entrepreneurs
Attending Chicago Ideas Week (CIW) last year was one of the most entertaining and inspiring weeks of my life. A year after listening to & meeting Ami Vitale, Justin Dillon, Scott Harrison, and Agustina Woodgate, I still haven’t come down from the high. Here are 4 individuals who should be highlighted on TV instead of Housewives or Survivors. They are truly making the world a better place.
Between October 8-14 you can have your chance at meeting a new set of world changers at CIW 2012. Buy tickets now, and if you’re struggling to decide which events to attend, join me at these talks:
- Social Entrepreneurship: My Venture Changes The World. Can Yours?
- Giving: One Matters (excited to see Edward Norton speak) – examine the role philanthropy has in tackling and defeating some of the world’s greatest problems
- (I really wanted to attend this talk, but is same time as Giving) Identity: What Makes Me
- Disruptive Innovation: Reinventing The World – hear directly from disruptors on how they reinvent our world by taking risks, building new markets and challenging standards.
- Water: The Ripple Effect - CIW examines all aspects of the coming water crisis
- Scientific Breakthroughs: Quantum Leaps - a discussion of today’s most incredible scientific breakthroughs
- Meaning Of Life: What’s It All About - world-renowned spiritual leaders, philosophers, scientists and artists explore the reason for human existence
- Explorers: Seeking The Edge - Is there anything left to discover in the 21st century?
Posts from last year’s CIW:
Inspirational Quotes for Change - from speakers of the talks I attended
Death of Conversation – You only have seconds to minutes to enjoy a conversation before it dies.