Remember Joplin – Where They Rebuild 1-year Later
On May 22, 2011, an EF-5 tornado touched down in Joplin, Missouri killing 170 people and destroying 8,000 businesses and homes (including the high school and hospital). In December I visited the scene of Mother Nature’s fury where humanity can use more attention. This series of posts represent the story, as I saw it, 7 months after the deadly tornado.
1 year ago today a town was torn apart. But like most humans, especially in America, they possess the strength to get up, put the pieces together, and rebuild.
I ask you to Remember Joplin for 2 reasons:
- Enjoy life–you might not be alive tomorrow
- Help others–there is always someone less fortunate than you
- Remember Joplin – Where stairs lead to nowhere (letubeu.com)
- Remembering and rebuilding in Joplin, Missouri a year after the tornado struck (photoblog.msnbc.msn.com)
- Remember Joplin – Where Volunteers Are Born (letubeu.com)